02-18-2020, 02:49 AM   #27
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
My rant is that in 2020 getting 400hp from a turbo 6 is not really a feat of engineering anymore.
Entirely reasonable, and i totally agree.

Quote:
A 2011 Mustang beat that number already.
Well...not with a 3.0L Turbo 6. It made 400 hp in 2011 with a 5.0L V8, just like BMW did ten years earlier.

Quote:
Sure, they have their advantages, but I for one am expecting more from the "ultimate driving machine".

Unless we just start calling it the overhyped thus overpriced ultimate comfort machine.
Rant over.
That's not an unfair complaint, I think "ultimate driving machine" is overselling things a bit.

But it's marketing schlock, just like how not a single person in the 90's actually loved anything a Toyota did for them.

Anyway, it sounds like your point mostly boils down to "Don't be a fucking fanboy" which is something i'd agree with. But understand that an M2 Competition, for some people who do not live their lives under the exact same circumstances as you and who may have different wants and needs from a vehicle, really, really like that car. And they're not dumb for doing so, that's not a dumb/bad choice that they're making. That 20K premium over a mustang GT goes to real, tangible things. They may not be things that make the car faster, but if speed to price ratio is the only thing that matters, we're all idiots for not riding liter bikes 100 percent of the time.
Appreciate 4
5.M0NSTER3353.50
MDuckie94.50