View Single Post
      01-13-2019, 02:29 PM   #47
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
This is exactly what I'm afraid of with going over mfg suggested width. If I were keeping the car I'd just shell out for wider rims, but I don't plan to be here more than 3 years. So I'm a slave to stock rims. But I'd be happy with 255/275 setup with track pads.

When I get back to the States I know exactly what car I want. It will be a Corvette Grand Sport. It comes with serious aero and 275/325 tires from the factory. Because Racecar!
Hey, 255/285 RE-71R on OEM rims are faster than most everybody's track wheels and tires, so don't sweat it.

Those GS's are fast. I did a 20min session with my Stage 4 Dinan M2 and a buddy with a GS. We were neck and neck the whole time, and neither could pass each other.

It was interesting to see where each car was faster. I'd catch up under braking (probably the driver), he'd pull a tiny bit to midcorner (lighter car), I'd gain on corner exit (more torque), and we would be even down the straight until about 90mph where his more efficienct aero and slight hp advantage would kick in and he would start to walk away.

Was one of the most fun on track sessions I've ever had! The best part is I could put all my tires in my car & drive home w/o a trailer.
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50