01-10-2019, 10:14 AM   #78
Io
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI DCT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
In my eyes, there's only one M2 BMW released.

This so called OG M2 is really a m240i+.
Interesting view. The key question here is 'what is a real M-car?'. My definition is: a BMW model heavily modified by the BMW M division to be very performant, well capable on track while being usable as a DD on the road without too many compromises, and in final designed to give to a 'base' driver the feeling to drive a real race car (performances, engaging engine, noise, high-speed cornering, some occasional drifts and fun on a track,), while enabling a more experienced driver to make decent lap times on a track.

For having driven several times a M240i, I wouldn't call it a real M-car, even if its a great car with a terrific engine: it's too mundane, its brakes are too faint, its suspension is too soft, its exhaust noise is too quiet. You can even have it in x-drive version...

Oppositely, the OG M2 fits the definition perfectly.

Now, BMW purists could use more strict definitions of a M-car: a pure race car sold in sufficient quantity by BMW to make possible its homologation, or at least a track-oriented BMW with a big naturally-aspired engine (no turbo).

And I guess that a kid fan of Batman, its bat-car and other bat-gadgets, would define a real M-car as a BMW with M-mirrors, a M-hood, a M-engine, M-buttons, M-seats, a M-trunk, M-wheels, etc...
Appreciate 2
tetsuo1111227.00