Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoracin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagged View Post
Just found an old thread I started. Since then, I've had quite a number of cars.

The M4 didn't last long in my garage as I found the car too big (feels boaty) but the worst part was I couldn't really get comfy enough as the clutch reach was too deep for me (no good for vertically challenged people).

Interestingly, the M2C was recently launched and was being offered in the specs that I wanted which is in M/T but with most of the nice options available for the car model. Interestingly, it even costs slightly lower than the original M2.

I've only driven 500+ km on the M2C but what I can say for now is that it is what the M4 should have been in the first place. Even though M2C and M4 seems to weigh similar on paper, the M2C sure feels much more nimble and playful. The M2C's manual gearbox seems an improvement over the M4 as well although I'm unsure if BMW still invests in updating their manual gearbox since fewer buyers are choosing it nowadays.

The only thing that I miss on the old M4 was the HUD but it is just icing as driving dynamics is what I really look forward to.
Yea, the m2c is pretty perfect imo...as compared to the other bmw models. I wouldn't mind nicer leather, cf roof option, and HUD though. Maybe they did this on purpose to attract more sales on the next m2c?
My guess it was easier to swap out seats and from the M3/4 more so than changing the dash design to offer up HUD. The CF to me is due to money and maybe would also trigger some new crash tests?
Appreciate 0