View Single Post
      12-19-2018, 05:52 AM   #7
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
The highs were too harsh, no real bass, and the sound stage was coming from my left knee (and this was after I unplugged the center speaker).
The second half is, I think, the major demon of car audio. Different surfaces with different reflective properties (and road noise) aside, the huge challenge of audio in a car is that we don't sit in the center of the "room" and we're WAY too close to one set of speakers.

It leaves us with little choice but to time and tune the system so that it sounds good from the driver's seat alone. The Dolby Surround two-seat tune that MusicarNW did in my 340 was the only effective compromise I've seen, and that requires doing what you did (getting a digital connection from the head unit and using a Mobridge to translate it) or starting out with the digital HK system from the bigger cars.

I don't think it can be done setup with the Match DSP's we have (no Dolby Surround). I have an Alpine DSP that handled it in my last car. That setup was great, but it was never as good from the driver's seat as the "single seat" setup was with most of the same equipment in my 328i, so I don't intend on doing it again.
Appreciate 0