View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, F97

I found some more time to do some updates. My OCD was kicking in and I wanted a full digital signal from the headunit to the amp/dsp. So I went ahead and ordered a Mobridge DA1.

I got my inspiration for installing the DA1 and running the MOST net to the trunk from 2addicts user gtmax500 His build thread is here: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1350726

First step was to rip apart the dash to get behind the headunit to connect the MOST net Y-cable. I was sweating bullets the whole time scared I was going to scratch something.

Next was running the 4m MOST cable to the trunk. Once again, scary stuff to do to a new car.

DA1 in the trunk

Final product. I have the DA1 mounted behind the ASD amp. I know it looks like the MOST cable is being pulled too tight but it's not. It's pretty stiff cable and that's just the way it lays in there. There's about 3-4 inches of slack in the cable.

While I had the interior torn apart, I ran the control cable for the Director. I temporarily mounted the control unit in the center console until I can get a proper housing made for it.

Now I wish I could say my install went as easily as gtmax500's. I'm currently having a issue with the DA1 not wanting to be programmed to the "BMW" MOST net standard. When I use the Mobridge setup software, the DA1 always reverts to "Audi" no matter how many times I select "BMW". I'm still waiting for a reply from Mobridge support about that.

One the plus side, the Director is working beautifully.

Last edited by Dirtboy; 12-13-2020 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 3
///M Houbi1653.00
ORG52.50