View Single Post
      10-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, F97

I decided to upgrade the rear speakers. I said I wouldn't, but just knowing the HK's were still back there was bugging me, lol.

I decided to go with the Eton B100N components. Despite what the box says, these are only rated for 50w RMS.

Side by side shot of the drivers with the passive crossovers for the tweeters.

Looks like the Eton tweeters have a better crossover with a capacitor and an inductor (2nd order), but I don't know the crossover point. The woofer has no crossover so it's playing full range sound. I have the high pass on the Match amp set at about 200hz to the rear speakers.

Installation didn't take long at all. Maybe 20 minutes per side, but I was taking my time making sure I didn't scratch anything.

I can say that I noticed quite a difference between the HK's and the Etons when playing only the rear speakers. But with the way I have the system set up, it's hard to tell. I have the rear speakers set to where I can just barely hear them. They are more for rear-fill. Could I have lived without upgraded the rears? Sure. But it was just nagging at me knowing the HK's were still there...

Oh, I also got a Audiotec Fischer Director to hook up to the Match amp.

It'll give me a bit more control over the DSP and 20 more DSP presets. I'm waiting for some more electronic goodies to come in so I can install it all at once.

Last edited by Dirtboy; 01-10-2019 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 1
TProfit81.50