Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham M2 CS View Post
Yes, I was just wondering how much quicker the time may have been if it wasn't for that little excursion??!!
Id have to watch the video again to see if he got out of the throttle, and if so, how much. That would have made my butthole pucker. I wouldn't think it would cost more than a second unless he was completely off throttle.

Edit: rewatched in slow motion a few times...kinda hilarious. He didn't seem to miss a beat. Accelerometer shows a slight slowdown, but he was back in the throttle while in the grass. Engine rpm barely dipped. If it cost anything it would likely only be .1s maybe.
In situations like that, you can't panic and give up, you have to remain emotionless and in control.. Experience with such situations like that is what builds up one's confidence, for when it actually arises.

I spun off the road before, ended up in the grass. I just did a 360, hit the gas and was back on course, without a scratch. You have to mentally know that the car can handle it, with the right control, which is you!

If I'm at the skirting edge of losing control, at that spilt second before I realize that I done fvcked up, I think to myself; "Hell no, there is no way I'm crashing my car today!" grab the wheel and start beasting it, with either counter-steer and on/off throttle modulation..

Kudos to the driver, he held is own there but who knows, maybe it was the extra 25k for the CS, with extra control the Adaptive Suspension added, is what really saved him - I guess we'll never know..
Appreciate 1
FreeDarko217.00