View Single Post
      05-23-2020, 12:26 AM   #32
ozymandias435
F36 GC
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
The edge looks chewed up, can you show me another angle? Other than that, I could probably buy a 3mm at the hardware store so I guess it’s not too bad!

Did you note any changes to the WG duty cycle, or boost or anything else?
Will take some more photos in the morning. The aluminum is scratched up a little and a very small dent in the top. The O rings are all in good shape and it was only on my car for a couple weeks. Pipe is in good shape and is just scratched a little. With me having to rotate the pipe clockwise away from the coolant pump, it then became too close to the intake to where I could not get a good seal on the intake. Again if dont have this pump then nothing to worry about and the pipe will fit fine and seal to intake fine but with me having to adjust where the pipe sits I ran into those issues. All of my logs were showing some wild MAF numbers because I wasnt getting a good seal.

Oh and that bottom picture is of the OEM Inlet cut near the bottom. Showcasing the how the air would flow into the turbo and how it doesnt really bottleneck. Hopefully thats what youre referring to as chewed up edge because the aluminum just has some cosmetic scratches
Appreciate 0