View Single Post
      05-22-2020, 11:49 PM   #30
ozymandias435
F36 GC
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
When people talk about the restriction, they are talking about the turbo side, which is as small as 1.47 I thought.

Anybow, are you selling the pure unit?
Yep thats what I was referring to. I had read that in a couple threads and when I cut open the OEM I found that the smallest diameter of the entire pipe is equal to the measured internal diameter at the turbo side. Ill attach a picture to show it better. Pipe is way less restrictive on the inside than it looks on the outside.

I would be willing to part ways with the Pure unit.....I lost the 3mm screw that helps hold the PCV hose in. Also had to file a small hole on the flange for the turbo bolt to sit in. This was the fitment issue that I mentioned. Seems that on the M sport Gran Coupe there is an auxillary coolant pump hose right where the Pure PCV connection is. I had to file that hole to rotate the pure unit clockwise inside the turbo to buy some space.

The screw will hopefully turn up soon lol
If you can handle those two things I would happily sell the pipe to you for a reasonable price. Still works great just not if you have that auxillary coolant pump behind the passenger headlight

EDIT: Bottom picture is of the OEM Inlet cut about 4 inches up from the bottom. Showcasing the 47mm (1.85inch) minimum diameter of the entire pipe. No real bottlenecking.
Attached Images

Last edited by ozymandias435; 05-23-2020 at 12:34 AM..
Appreciate 0