Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenB7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Do you realize that the difference in size/length between the M2 CS (4-seater) and 718 Cayman GT4 (2-seater) is only 5mm (0.5cm or 0.2inch) ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
With no manual option. If you are looking for a fast car around the green hell, sure. However, what really sets this apart from the 4CS is the manual option. For car enthusiasts, this will be the deciding factor for a future collectable and desirability with 4CS performance in a shorter wheel base. I do think its priced a little too high but not terrible. Considering all of this, it will be a great buy for the future. Just my honest opinion on all of this.
This.

I'm sure that several M2 CS buyers already have a dedicated track toy and/or supercar. This is an opportunity to purchase from new a car that combines many of the things that made BMW an enthusiast brand to begin with. I'd go as far as saying that speccing the DCT is a mistake here- there are better and faster options. With the 6MT this will be very special now and in the future.

As per my post above, the "85k for a 2 series" comments miss the point of this car. Buyers for this car (especially those choosing to spec their rare car with a clutch pedal) don't really care about the price, they just want to add an amazing car to the fleet.

I often dream about what it would have been like to order a new E46 Competition or CSL back in the day and keep it forever. I see this as the closest I can get to living out that sort of fantasy today.
I had an '05 IB E46 ZCP M3, and while it was/is my favorite car after the F82, it wasn't earth shatteringly different than the "regular" '03 PY E46 M3 I owned prior to it. The driving experience was essentially the same, and aside from the BBS wheels, Interlagos Blue paint, brakes sourced from the CSL and the M Mode button on the steering wheel, it was the same car. There was no noticeable difference. The E46 CSL is an entirely different story however.
Appreciate 0