JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenB7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Do you realize that the difference in size/length between the M2 CS (4-seater) and 718 Cayman GT4 (2-seater) is only 5mm (0.5cm or 0.2inch) ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
With no manual option. If you are looking for a fast car around the green hell, sure. However, what really sets this apart from the 4CS is the manual option. For car enthusiasts, this will be the deciding factor for a future collectable and desirability with 4CS performance in a shorter wheel base. I do think its priced a little too high but not terrible. Considering all of this, it will be a great buy for the future. Just my honest opinion on all of this.
This.

I'm sure that several M2 CS buyers already have a dedicated track toy and/or supercar. This is an opportunity to purchase from new a car that combines many of the things that made BMW an enthusiast brand to begin with. I'd go as far as saying that speccing the DCT is a mistake here- there are better and faster options. With the 6MT this will be very special now and in the future.

As per my post above, the "85k for a 2 series" comments miss the point of this car. Buyers for this car (especially those choosing to spec their rare car with a clutch pedal) don't really care about the price, they just want to add an amazing car to the fleet.

I often dream about what it would have been like to order a new E46 Competition or CSL back in the day and keep it forever. I see this as the closest I can get to living out that sort of fantasy today.
Your comment about owning the E46 is the exact same sentiment as mine. This is about owning something that is all about the analog driving experience. Yet, with modern sensibility and safety.

I could care less about performance figures as I doubt I will use this as a track car.

Similar to why is the GT3 touring so popular, at the end of the day, it's about driver enjoyment. The M2CS is the last of its kind that somewhat harkens back to the E46 generation.
GimmeanM1448.50