TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGoober View Post
The number of affected cars is known, around 500 according to the bulletin which may or may not be accurate
I have no doubt that BMWAG/BMW North America/BMW Canada know how many VINs are affected. The dealership is only informed on how many VINs from their order bank are affected.

Quote:
By now they should have delivery estimates from the supplier, 500 isn't a massive number
This I cannot speak on. Who knows if the supplier isn't having issues of their own? 500 may just be BMW North America VINs. Cannot say if BMW Canada VIN's are included and we do not know if RoW is affected. But again, this is why there is a lack of information. Any information that could be relayed is solely dependent on whether or not the supplier can update BMW with parts and information, but here we are with BMW notifying that parts will be shipped end of May.

Quote:
Depending where the cars are located (VPC, dealer, etc.), they should know how many technicians are available and when a particular car might be ready
Parts have not been shipped yet so we have no reason to believe that dealership/technicians would be overwhelmed. When stop recalls are involved and VINs are already sold, they take priority so giving an ETA is not an issue...if they are able to know exactly when parts are being supplied.

If I were a customer waiting my car to be delivered, the only information I want to know is when are parts coming and when can I expect my vehicle to be delivered. From this thread, none of that information is available yet.
Appreciate 1
mhanism277.00