Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCarrot View Post
I drove manual for 18 years before switching to DCT on my M2. I pretty much decide on a car to car basis.
That's pretty much where I was trying to go with this thread. I just wanna see different perspectives or motivations behind making this switch either way. What made you chose DCT over 6MT on M2, do you ever miss 6MT, or do you love the DCT?
There are a few factors that made me decide with the DCT this time around:
- Mainly my crappy work commute and M2 is my only car.
- DCT is really good and I just want to experience it at least once in my life. Life is too long to be restricted to any one thing lol.
- BMW manual gear box leaves a lot to be desired. Very rubbery feel, and there doesn't appear to be a single good aftermarket solution. I didn't enjoy it whenever I drove my brother's 335.
- Don't like auto rev and the fact that it requires finger dancing to disable it at each start up. My C7 had it too but it defaults to off at start up.
- Boost drop between shifts in a turbo car.

DCT is a big chunk of change so I didn't decide lightly. Everything just kind of aligns, you know...

DCT is pretty exceptional and I am impressed by it. So far I haven't missed manual yet but I know that will eventually change. I am pretty sure I will have a manual car in my life again in 2-3 years. I will either add an ND Miata, or replace the M2 with a manual C8 Vette and an auto winter beater.
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 2
M-Pilot4859.00
ChrisK4449.00