Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
The only reason it will seem "over" and the numbers dropping is because of the social distancing. Which is just to get the hospitals more prepared and not overloaded even more. Personally, people should be doing things to boost their immunity during the downtime, as well. Daily multivitamin, eating more fruits/veg/meats/brown rice, cutting back on the sugars/complex carbs(bread, pasta), stop smoking and drinking alcohol, etc. A healthy immune system will help decrease the severity and duration when you get sick.

I'm not particularly sure there is an immunity to it yet. I know there are reported people getting it twice. Which I think has to do with the virus mutating to target different receptors. A few weeks ago I was seeing the research say it targets the ACE-2 receptor, but has mutated to target 35 other receptors in different strains. I mention that it was a few weeks ago, because I don't know what the latest research is showing. But if it targets different receptors, bouncing between which it can find to infect, and mutating to target different onces, I'm not sure if/how a vaccine or immunity will work. I'm not a Dr, so don't take that as me saying "a vaccine won't work" but take it as a warning to be careful in getting back to normal after you perceive it to be over.

I was thinking today that I will start getting back to a normal life after hospitals show me they can handle me if I get sick. However, that may be a stupid decision if there isn't a vaccine or immunity to it. I could let my guard down, get sick thinking that it will be okay, then find out that I'm stuck with it for life.

It could be like HIV/AIDS, where there is no cure and can be spread without you being symptomatic. From the research side of it, there are papers showing pieces of HIV were spliced into SARS, which would be congruent with this behavior.

Time will tell. Practice utmost safety until there is evidence you are clearly safe to catch it.
This is correct, we aren't really gonna be out of this for a year or so until treatments and vaccines are developed. All these measures are only in place to slow the exponential growth of the virus. I'm not really sure how we even go back to normal until then, because spread happens as soon as people resume their normal lives. Anyway, I've got to figure out what essential means so I can at least go out in the M once in a while (but the wife may kill me)
Appreciate 0