Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
No way the M2 deliver power better than M2C. You need a high revving engine with a continuous power band not a low end torque commute machine on a sports car.

Look is subjective but I love the M2c styling.
Technically, the OG M2 delivers more torque earlier, which most people would consider superior to more torque in the upper ranges. Same with the exhaust, you're going to find people that like the M2C exhaust until they hear the vastly superior M2 exhaust. But there are still the odd birds that prefer the M2C exhaust, and commute in their Saab.

And technically, it's not a "sports car", unless you also consider almost every car on the road with a sporty nature a sports car. It's a GT car, and in that right, the more torque the better.

And technically, the car was created more for commutes than race tracks, which is obvious if you look at the parts specified, the alignment, the brakes, the ride height, and the fact that it's a pretty damn weak track car off-the-shelf.

Your personal opinions are clouding your judgement .
I would have to respectfully disagree about the GT car perspective. The car was created to be a double duty car that owner can take to track whenever they want while still be able to daily. The extensive cooling in the engine proves that. Also in a normal GT car you would have way longer wheelbase (for better highway stability) and softer suspension settings.

From this point, the s55 is way superior in race track than n55, no even a question. I do agree with the sound. But that's about the only gripe I have with the M2 comp.
I think you need to study GT cars more. The M2 is the very embodiment of a GT car, and nothing at all like a Sports Car or Muscle Car.
The M2 is the least GT car in the current M car lineup. M3/4 with longer wheelbase and more luxury interior, M8 even goes further into the GT car definition. Please enlighten me how M2 is the very embodiment of GT car.

I agree that your lotus has more sports car feel, but that doesn't make m2 less of a sports car from the get go.