View Single Post
      05-31-2018, 11:09 AM   #3
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Definitely interested in hearing how this performs.

Sean, as someone in the know, can you give price estimates and expected hp gain for the turbo upgrade options on the market (Dinan, Pure, GPower, etc)?

It would be great to get an idea of $/hp for these options.
With vendor outside of US, you need to factor in M2 core cost, which is way more expensive than other N55's due to its limited availability. I'm in Asia so I look at things from a different perspective, USA and Europe are all foreign to me.

Core cost aside, G-Power is 2k9 Euro or 3K5 USD on modification alone and TTE is half the cost. 450whp Dynojet number is the realistic expectation from a STG2 on pump gas, way more useable power than peak number shows though. 470-480whp with fueling upgraded.

PS2 at 2K5 is great which is why it's popular, but I speak with real world experience TTE is hugely underrated and deserves more looking at in North America.

As for G Power, I have high confidence, they never fail to perform and did S55/S63 turbo way back. And they also did crazy things like V8 supercharged M4 and V10 supercharged F10 M5, who in the USA can even get close?

Being perfectionist, I ship new turbo from BMW to G-Power (really, like I have a choice), so don't ask how much I paid

Dinan and PS1 are both great 1k upgrade. Think about it just Fabspeed downpipe money. But they don't give much more peak hp, but only better top end. STG1 is faster in real world than on paper though.