View Single Post
      05-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #8
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomade30 View Post
Without a downpipe that’s stage 1. You guys realize the calibration actually changes because the flow of the engine changes right? It’s not like some magical slider that tuners do in order to add more power. There’s actually boost control models and when you don’t have the correct hardware you’re opening yourself up experience lots of problems. Run the right tune for your hardware, and if you want to be loud while decelerating you’re gonna need a downpipe so you don’t burn down your car.
I have no desire to run loud. I get what you are saying especially with boost control and flow. These are some of the things I was wondering about and if in the long run is harm being done to the motor via heat ,afr,s plus timing advance. Will running a stage 2 tune with the dp be a serious detriment. That was my concern.
There appears to be a few guys still using stage 2 tunes with cats still on. No one seems to have reported any failures as yet. Again I understand what you are saying.