View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 04:19 PM   #70
redgs4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFM2C6MT View Post
Today I got my Dinan exhaust installed by Performance Technic in Fremont CA.

The techs installing it were impressed with the quality of the welds and how nicely it fit. This was the first one they had installed. They made comments made about how this system fits so much better than many on the market. Slipped right in with no fuss, and no need to crank on hangers to get it straight. They also really appreciated the clamp on tips compared to past dinan designs with welded tips, which help alignment. All together it took about 1.5 - 2 hours for install.

The sound is great. Not obnoxiously loud in sport +, but much improved tone over stock. At idle, you get a nice burble now. At low RPM, I can now hear the turbo's exhaust wheel spool up which is exactly what I was hoping for. Guessing that has to do with the resonator delete and the x pipe. Crackles are louder. They go right away when you close the valves.

In economy mode, it quiets right down. Still has an improved tone but won't wake the neighbors when I come home late at night.

Aesthetically it's a huge improvement over the stock ballsack. I was never too critical of the stock muffler but I don't miss it!

I recommend this exhaust for anyone who isn't looking for the loudest one on the block. It will keep your cars refinement and you won't have to worry about downgrading to aftermarket parts with questionable fit.

Nice job Dinan engineers, I think you nailed it.
Nice! I need to see different tips though. The flat black tips don't match up well with the CF diffuser.
Appreciate 1
SFM2C6MT175.00