JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3geekfamily View Post
Absolute legend. Thanks for compiling all of this, and even more so for posting pics of the individual builds. Really awesome!

Spoke with my dealer today. He said that information is trickling out - hoping to hear more over the course of the next week. He also reminded me that BMW USA HQ is up in NJ, which was hit fairly hard, so they still aren't back up to full operations yet.

Fingers crossed! The waiting game is definitely the worst part!
Absolutely! It definitely is...especially not having the allocations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Surprised how many members on here ordered their car with moonroof. Being on this forum, sometimes you think getting moonroof is sacrilege!

I for one I'm still debating whether I should have it remain or take out of my build. I do love the clean lines of the slick top. I change my opinion daily!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury26 View Post
Slicktop all the way.
I am very close to switching out the moonroof for the driver's pack. The prospect of the moonroof is great when you're planning a decent bit of time in the Riviera and Southern France as I am, but once home I'm not sure I'll miss it. I think as far as long term value of the car goes, the moonroof may be a plus, but I can't see myself holding the car for 30 or 40 years.
@F82PRETEND interesting you're saying long term value of cars with moonroof will go up. Isn't it usually the slick tops that are more desirable? Just using the e46 as reference, the non-moonroof version seem to go for a premium.

And I hear so often on this forum that the M2C is such a great track car (which it isn't...), assume people would not want the weight of moonroof (which it doesn't matter...). I have posted this previously, but from a purely aesthetic point of view, you can argue the slick top might be more clean.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the value of moonroof and long term value.