View Single Post
      05-27-2019, 02:49 AM   #30
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
I have to agree with Mr. Spets-Nazos on lowering springs. I've done this in the past. First you convince yourself they are great (and if you are under 25) you like the "stance". Then one day, you either drive a standard car again or put your old springs back on and think. Oh my god, this standard setup is so much better. A great example is that Achilles chap who is ruining his beautiful car one step at a time. I think he realised what he'd done when driving it back to back with a stock setup car in one of his videos.

High quality coilover setups are a different kettle of fish though as the springs and dampers are matched and they have proper travel. If you intend to track the car and are one of those Alvin Atallcosts types, it's probably step 3 after tyres and brakes. It will never be as good as the stock suspension as an all rounder though, but that's the compromise you make when the bug bites.

Take note that BMW's own coilover setup won't be used on the new M2CS. In fact the only car it has been fitted to in recent times is the M4GTS, which was probably the most derided F series model and is reportedly a turd to live with once you leave the track.
Appreciate 1
natmad667.00