10-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #219
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo 335i View Post
Evidently I have zero M2 mechanical skills. I replaced the stock clutch stop easily in my old E92. Tried to do it with my M2 and failed miserably. I stuck my hand inside the flex shield and all I felt was the the clutch pedal and some sort of thin metal bar. Oh and I got what feels like vaseline on my fingers. There's so little room to work with in there. What am I missing?

Side note: I even resorted to removing the two 10mm bolts to lower the panel like someone suggested. The bolts came out easily but the panel didn't budge. I'm losing all around.
You shouldn't need to remove the pannel to access the clutch stop, you can access the clutch stop by reaching up. Use a mirror or cell phone to locate the factory stop before then you'll know where to stick your hand, there should be plenty of room to access it.

If you cannot reach it you'll have to remove the pannel, take those two 10 mm bolts out then move the steering wheel all the way out and up. Stick your hand into the little area below the wheel and above the pannel and push down, that should eject the pannel.

Good luck.