View Single Post
      06-10-2017, 01:08 AM   #23
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Don't quote me on that, but will find out soon when they finish testing and dyno.

But for sure is, M2 Turbo is different than M235/EWG Turbo; thats why Pure STG2 is unique for the M2 upgrade versus the standard EWG N55 PS2 is.
Let's wait and see when someone Really Dyno's their Dinan STG4
To be frank I'm very skeptical. Below are why:

1) As I remember, two forum members already posted their dyno results (380whp) of dinan turbo kit. Coupled with hi flo dp and turbo inlet, dinan kit seems to net 50whp or so on top of stock m2, something that I don't think is achievable with stock turbo and similar bolt-ons on piggyback especially the conservative Dinan.

2) Not offering a stg1 turbo for m2, Pure could have gone public that m2 turbo is a PS1 equivalence if that's what they found out true. It works perfectly in their favor and against Dinan, the only turbo competitor in the m2 market.

3) From our numerous tests and JB4 data logs on multiple m2s and 35is, EWG PS1 turbo flows better than m2. With adequate cooling (not necessarily with meth), PS1 holds 16psi at 7k rpm on pump gas easily, where m2 sees 14-15psi at best, provided piggyback is properly configured.

In full disclosure, we saw boost held slightly better with m2 than other stock n55 EWG turbos. That's because, to our limited knowledge, m2 DME with higher load targets out of factory acts as a BEF so the system works with closer values to stock and thus is better at controlling variables.