06-04-2018, 08:38 AM   #301
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAUS View Post
I’ve noticed it in my 2018 M2.
Not at first but with the steering wheel on the RHS in Australia the seat faces to the right hand front wheel. I hate sitting crooked and now I’m getting a sore left neck and shoulder.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Be the opposite shoulder or side of neck with steering wheel on left of car facing forward.
I personally think the seats are crappy,hard and this just makes an otherwise brilliant car so utterly disappointing. May sadly have to sell it as it’s hurting like crazy.
I don’t care from an OCD point of view. Purely comfort. It’s worse than my 15 year old Subaru which is really sad.
Mate I think you've let the power of suggestion get to you Looking from the back seat, with headrest removed from driver's seat, you can see the offset is negligible & no where near pointing to the front wheel. Purely out of interest I recently used a piece of string taped to the centre of the steering wheel & measured the seat back to be square to the wheel (within a couple of mm at worst). Not saying you aren't getting a sore neck/shoulder, but I'm 57 & have spinal degeneration in my lower neck (which causes serious headaches if I watch TV from anywhere but centre or sleep incorrectly) and have yet to experience a problem in the 13500km I've so far driven, a week ago drove 7hrs with a 40min break in the middle. May be there are other issues contributing to the sore shoulder/neck?
Appreciate 1
kfscoll208.50