View Single Post
      06-29-2020, 12:53 PM   #43
Poffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Once the light is on, I don't think you'll get it to go out without some resetting/recoding. But, at least all the buttons should work.
Well I'm all set! Thanks so much for your help.

I followed the procedure as if I was swapping the seats in for the first time. Swapping the computer did the trick and I didn't have to reset codes or anything. Wow wow wow these seats are so much better!

Steps for those unclear, feel free to reach out if you have questions.

1. Pull the seats all the way forward, remove the two T50 torx on the seat rails that attach the seat to the car

2. Pull the seats all the way back

3. Unhook the negative terminal with a 10mm wretch

3. remove the two t50 torx on the seat rails that attach to the car

4. Unclip the harness from the seat (Easy connector)

5. Carefully remove seats, watch out for your steering wheel and your door cards in particular. Hitting those with the seat rails would surely make a gouge. Ideally set the seats on a piece of cardboard (old amazon boxes work great) so you can lay the back down flat on the ground and have the bottom of the seat easily accessible.

6. Remove ECU, it's a small white rectangle box (see pic). First take the wiring out of the small plastic clip directly behind the computer. Then unclip the metal connector on the side, I pushed a wide tip flat head screwdriver in and used it for leverage. After that you should be able to pull it straight down and towards you a bit for it to pop out. There's a plastic connector at the top which hooks into the metal holder for the computer.

7. Take a picture of how your wires are plugged in so if you forget you're not hosed. Unplug wires (stick a small flathead in as shown and then pull down. Pull on the connector, NOT on the wires!

8. Swap computer to new seat, plug in as before. Don't forget to hook the wiring into the small plastic clip again so it doesn't get snagged when your seat moves.

9. Carefully put the seat back in reversing the above process. Make sure you plug in the seat before you put the negative terminal back on for two reasons 1. To avoid codes and 2. Otherwise your seat won't move anyway 😁

10. Enjoy your new seats!!

Note my seats were essentially brand new, as several others have stated it may be gross down below the seat. Consider gloves and get your vacuum ready to clean them up while you're in there.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M Fifty844.00
VaderM236.00
MASHCT624.00