View Single Post
      10-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #2
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Pretty timely post! I've been doing a lot of research on this given the limited number of options we have. Consensus seems to be Galena territory area. I picked up my M2 from a dealer in Dubuque in August so I had the chance to drive some of the main roads in a rental car but unfortunately was babying the M2 all the way back and it was darker out so I didn't go crazy.

Highway 20 between Stockton and Elizabeth is beautiful with some double lane passing areas and has long sweeping turns and great views. Supposedly some of the roads once you get into Galena are unreal.

Here is the high-level itinerary of the fall themed day-trip I'm taking with my GF tomorrow, if you plug it in on google maps you can see all of the elevation changes and twistys. If you see a LBB M2 out there, it's probably me!

-Chicago to "Galena Territory" (you can legit type "Galena Territory" into google and it brings up a good place on the map)
-Galena Territory to random downtown Galena location (ie: Galena Brewing Company)
-Downtown Galena location to Scales Mound (this is a town name apparently)
-Scales Mound to Dittmar Ochard (for pumpkin and apple picking)
-Elizabeth Scales Mound Road back south to US 20 and then head back towards Chicago.
Appreciate 2