View Single Post
      05-09-2021, 04:04 PM   #12
nando_514
Private
Rep
Drives: None

I suggest you look into the work of Rob Wilson. As someone who's gone on a bit of journey like this not too long ago, I can tell you that his work was absolutely instrumental in learning to have more of a conversation with the car beneath you!! His ideas of 'asking the car for permission,' and 'introducing inputs' at an imperceptible rate, to let the car know what's coming next has changed the way I approach the corner entry phase.

I've spent most of my younger life in the paddock, but only recently decided to relearn the basics. I've enlisted the help of several instructors and coaches to relearn things I already thought I knew. And wow... As an adult, putting words to things that you often overlook allowed me to take a deep deep dive into the minutia of driving. It's been an amazing journey and can't wait to see where it takes me next!

Circling back to my original statement-- here's a link to a fantastic podcast from Ross Bentley (mentioned earlier in this thread) and Rob Wilson. Read through his words. Driving is a give and take relationship. Learn to understand what the car is telling you! Hope this helps
Appreciate 1