View Single Post
      01-03-2024, 04:08 PM   #78
Bianchi
Rep
Drives: M2 (F87 N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Thanks glad you liked it!

Do you have any idea what mods are on it by visual inspection? Are you able to read the codes off of the car?

I believe you can flash a stock m2 map using bm3, bm3 should be able to read your vin, detect you have an m2, and then based on the software running on your car give you a copy of the stock map which you can flash to get back to stock which I recommend you do. I don't recommend stage 1 because it actually produces less power than stock according to some dynos and was meant more for non m2 n55's. Also since you don't know what has been done to the car I'd flash the stock map first. Then get some data logs and send it to bm3 for review.

In the mean time I guess you could check under the hood and look for mods. First look at the intake, then check the filter if the intake is stock, then check the charge pipe - check if it is plastic or not, then check if the tmap sensor is stock - just incase it is upgraded then you wont want to flash to stock without checking the tuning option (to do this read the part number off of the sensor), the stick your phone down the passenger side of the engine bay to take a photo of the down pipe to see if it is stock or upgraded (unburnt fuel smell could mean you have a catless downpipe or something is going wrong but without actually being there I won't know). Then look at what turbo inlet you have, and take a look at the intercooler through the grille. You can send us photos so we can help you verify parts.

That's all I can think of for now, but itll give you an idea of what parts are on the car. Don't push the car hard if you decide to drive it, especially if its not running right.
Aw, man, sorry I might have been unclear.
The bolt-ons were all removed. It's bone stock (I put a CTS CAI on it). It drives great but it runs rich (definitely better than running lean), but it's down on power. We're thinking they tuned the car for the bolt-ons that were there, but with the bolt-ons all taken off, the tune is definitely not right for the car.
I'll definitely data log as soon as I can.
Thanks again!
Appreciate 0