Thread: Pre-LCI vs. LCI
View Single Post
      10-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

I never used iDrive5, but I only use the touch screen to skip forward/back in a song with iDrive6 and I rarely even do that. I use the center console wheel control for everything. It's a pain to reach forward to touch the screen, plus you get fingerprints on the screen. I'm not sure what other functionality changes there are in iD6. I know it works very well though. So well that many other manufacturers buy the license to use it in their cars.

I think the pre-LCI interior looks dated, but other people don't really see the inside of a car so it might not matter that much.

I think the LCI looks so much better with the new headlights. Pre-LCI look dated, IMO. Some people like the pre-LCI taillights though, but I don't.

I really love the new gauges. They look amazing and it was a big reason I went with a LCI. I've had the same 2007 sedan since early 2013, so if I were to get a new sports car I definitely wanted gauges that looked up to par.

Something else to consider is the moonroof. If you don't want a moonroof, it may be harder to find an LCI without one. Currently Autotrader shows 246 LCI M2's without a moonroof and 57 with. Then you gotta figure out how many have the options, color, mileage you want.

Another reason I went with a 2018 because I wanted the experience of ordering a car and that was much easier than spending time finding a used one that I wanted. None of that matters in your situation though and all your choices are used.

If I had to choose all over again, and would have to go with used, I'm not sure which I would get. I guess the cost would play a big factor and how much money I had available for the purchase. If the pre-lci is a lot cheaper, it would make sense to get it. Otherwise, I would definitely get the LCI.

Oh, Warranty would come into play too... the LCI having more warranty life left and being a newer vehicle.
Appreciate 1
Cavpilot2k1023.00