_debo
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 COMPETITION

Yes, this is where we are at with BMW UK and HQ, following is the reply I got:
Quote:
Good morning [ ... ]

Thanks for your email about your BMW M2. I’m sorry to hear this – I can understand how frustrating this must be for you.

I’ve spoken to BMW [ ... ] who have advised me that the running in service was due. While I appreciate this is usually carried out around 1000 miles, as your car hasn’t been driven the oils and components have still aged over this time.

This is called CBS (Condition Based Servicing) so sometimes even if the mileage hasn’t been met, but the car or fluids is old enough the car will require a service.

They did check with warranty who advised the service could be carried out without affecting your warranty which you authorised them to do so. As the car has now had the run in service done, the run in fluids have been removed and replaced with the correct oil for the car. BMW UK would recommend following the owners handbook in relation to the tolerance in the engine.

While the correctly oils are in, the components haven’t worn as much as they would at 1000 - 1200 miles. The best thing to do would be to gradually progress on how hard to drive the car until the mileage limit has been reached as per the handbook.

[ ... ]

I hope this information is helpful and I’m sorry for the disappointment that’s been caused during this process.

If there’s anything else in future, please let me know.

Kind regards

[ ... ]
I then replied back demanding for a free servicing at 1200 miles, let's see where that takes me.
Appreciate 0