View Single Post
      02-02-2018, 03:02 PM   #65
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
I'm thinking staggered to get as much rubber as possible in the rear.

I think the 18x10 ET33 would rub the fender with a 285 and lowered coil over setup. My rear is dropped 25mm.
Thanks for the post! We've created the 18x10.5" ET40 M2-specific FL-5 wheel for this purpose. It lets you run a 295/35-18 in the rear with no rubbing and no fender rolling required. With rolled fenders, a 305-35-18 would be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
Did you ever get an answer to this question? I am interested if these will fit also.
We had posted a reply earlier.

Quote:
This is going to be dependent on tire brand and vehicle ride height, however we are strongly recommending that customers install aftermarket adjustable camber plates to ensure clearance to the front fenders. In comparison to OEM specs, you would be jumping up two sizes in tire width and adding an extra 1/2" of wheel width under the front fenders. The wheels alone will sit 7mm closer to the front fenders in relation to the stock setup. It would be very tight under compression without camber dialed in.

At the end of the day, if you are installing wider front wheels with 265/35-18 tires, it is safe to say that you are looking to maximize the cars handling potential. As described in the OP, adjustable camber plates and negative camber specs play a vital role in not only achieving better handling characteristics but also promoting more consistent tire wear when driving spiritedly.