05-30-2020, 11:46 AM   #77
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twt View Post
I almost always drive on my streets to the track and carry my 18 track wheels in the back. I removed the back seat so I have plenty of room in back and I can see perfectly out of the rear. One tip...I line up 3 wheels in the back seat with racket strap attached to anchors and fourth wheel flat in the trunk. This allows both front seats to slide back all the way and seems to allow more packing space....also puts less load on the ratchet straps. Just noticed the picture...that is dangerous....straps should pass through the center of each wheel and anchor rearward on each side.
Ratchet strap placement- yep, poor choice. Through the wheels would be a bit awkward to route, but far safer. This photo was from the first time I loaded them up and clearly it wasn’t fully thought through.

The trunk is usually full for out of town trips- tools, jack, jack stands, awning, suitcase, cooler... My gf is usually with me in her cayman, so I get to carry all the stuff to set up camp in the paddock. So the fact that all 4 will fit in the back seat was a big win. Everything packages better for me that way than 3+1.
Appreciate 0