View Single Post
      11-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #64
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stren View Post
Am I the only one bugged that before the car is launched there are already a bunch of pricey upgrades to it? I know this has been the trend for a while and it makes more sense to offer sporty upgrades to the non-m cars, but if these are for performance and the M2 is for performance, why aren't they the default parts? I get that some would add cost (like large pieces of CF), but others really wouldn't. Just feels like another exercise in squeezing more money out of the buyer and that really turns me off and reduces my brand loyalty...
Because these "sporty" options aren't for everyone. Have you guys actually heard the M-performance exhausts? They are pretty damn loud for something that is OEM if you ask me. And what about coilovers? You can't possibly say that an adjustable coilover is something that absolutely everyone would want (lower the ride height and make the car stiffer).

And then comes the cost. The M4 I drove had an M-Performance exhaust with CF tips. $4900

I'm all about choices. You pick and chose which options and accessories you want. Keep the car price low if you want, or load $30k worth of stuff on it. This is even more important on a starter M car like the M2.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2