View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #43
jprice130
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Hey everyone, I'm checking in as a new BMW M2 owner who's looking to play in BS for AutoX next season (competed for years in an STX BRZ). I appreciate all the information in this thread so far and am now considering my tire choices...

I'm leaning toward conservative tire sizes for now so one thought I had was running a 275/40/18 Yokohama A052 in the rear with a 255/40/18 RE-71 in the front. I figured this might be a good combo given the two tires' strengths: The A052s are good at putting power down and the RE-71s provide great steering response and feel. The other good thing about RE-71s is that they can be flipped, so hopefully that would help get some extra life given our camber challenged front end.

I'm also new to higher power RWD cars, so I thought this might provide a more planted rear-end while I get used to things. My only fear is that I might get more understeer than I'd like, but maybe I can manage that with toe settings. Thoughts?

Devin, once I get things figured out, I'll be shooting you an email for an order...
Appreciate 0