Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
I'm a track rat. If you look at the M vehicles in my signature, I've always been able to pack my tires and tools in my cars, albeit with a very cramped cockpit. Even my e46 M3. But after packing my track gear, I was surprised that the interior of the M2 seems smaller than the e46. I know once my track package comes from Tire Rack, there is no way all my gear fits. I've trailered vehicles to the track before and it was a pain in the ass for me, and I don't want to pay to have the trailer stored off season (5mo.). So I decided to construct a small towable track trailer. Since everything structurally other than the suspension is basically standard 2 series fare, I decided to take a chance and source the Curt 11367 hitch from eTrailer. http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitc...leid=201643958. My main concern was whether it would clear the stock exhaust, but there were no issues. And it's almost invisible with the CF diffuser. Total weight is 23 lbs., but I'll put up with the weight penalty for added utility. You're welcome.
DrKev:

A woman around the corner from me in Snyder had an M3 with a hitch, and now has an 1M with a hitch. She uses a Harbor Freight trailer similar to yours to tow her track wheel set to the Glen, etc. for track days.

Do you know her?

Also, which shop do you trust to do your suspension work?
I do, very well. I like The Little Speed Shop in Rochester, or Towne.
Appreciate 0