silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Blown away that the price increase is so low. Ultimately this will somewhat dent original M2 prices. Still it does seem that this is just a setup for what is coming. Pricing and the lack of certain M features leave lots of room for something above the M2 comp.

Since BMW appears to be replacing the M2 with the M2 comp... I'm not blown away by the pricing difference as there is precedent than manufacturer initiated engine changes do not significantly change MSRP.

There is not much precedent from BMW ever to jack up the price due to a motor change.. model year change.. etc.. The M2 began at 52K.. and has crept up to 54,500 recently.. Another modest annual bump puts it around 55-56K more than likely..

I also do NOT think that Standard M2 pricing will be affected much (other than the vehicles currently on dealer lots) once again.. because of precedent.

Does a 1995 M3 have less significantly less value than an 1966-99 model?

Does the 01-02 S54 M Roadster carrier a significantly higher value than 99-00 S52 model.. ? if the price delta for this item is in the 2-4K area... that basically is about the same increase as the typical price increase adjustment year to year.

It all makes sense regarding the absence of significant price drops for the current M2 due to the release of a better new model. But regarding a small M2 Competition price increase being inline with precedent, is there really a precedent in the release of a Competition version, not a package (it's even on the badge)? Seems to be a new thing for BMW. Isn't it? I wonder if that would make things any different regarding price changes .