View Single Post
      06-01-2021, 12:15 PM   #175
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
I'm the OP who started this thread, and I've watched it steadily grow with so many innovative engineering solutions. I felt compelled to update my situation. The pandemic gave me time to install a number of upgrades to make my car much more track focused. I decided to stop trying to reinvent the wheel, and invested in the AP CP9660 front brake kit. This system is absolutely incredible! I installed them last summer, however I wasn't able to do my first track event until a month ago. The venue was New York Safety Track, which is a very technical track with one very long straight (doubles as a Runway!) but 18 turns. The brake system totally transformed my track experience. Absolutely no fade, and trust me I was trying to test the limits of the system. Brake pad changes are incredibly easy. Perfectly balanced with the stock rear system, and I used Pagid RS29 pads. It is probably one of the very best upgrades have done to my track toy. If you are a SERIOUS track addict, I highly recommend making the investment and getting the system. It even caused me to takeoff my old custom ducting system that I had engineered for it. Totally unnecessary, and may even hamper the braking efficiency of the system.
Did the same 3yrs ago and no braking issues since.

Atho, I did leave my Porsche air deflectors on just to help direct some air into the hats, but no ducting needed.
Appreciate 3
F87source7271.00
DrKevM52276.00