nothingman
Private NumNuts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 GT4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
It's only speculation that it is xdi only, but from the threads I read up on all the complaints come from XDI owners.
It's an issue which began immediately after I had the PS2 and XDi HPFP installed. It usually occurs around 2,000-2,500 rpm in 6th or 7th gear between 60-80mph when driving the car normally down the road. Having DCT may make it more evident since I'm not manually shifting gears when I'm just cruising. When it happens, the car pulls a ton of timing for a split second.

My PS2 was installed by Frank at TTFS, who is also the exclusive distributor for the XDi HPHP and wrote the fuel maps. I had Frank check and replace the spring in the DV+, check the turbo installation for leaks, replace the plugs twice with both OEM Bosch and NGK 95706, tried different gaps, replaced the O2 sensor, tried both MHD and BM3, tried different tuners... nothing fixed it. That's why I went the path of this big turbo upgrade thinking replacing everything would fix it by process of elimination. Throwing good money after bad... a foolish mistake and never a good idea.

I uploaded a few of my datalogs taken in August but posted to Datazap on 11/20/2020 in case anyone would like to look through them:
https://datazap.me/u/nothingman/

I've talked to at least 10 other people with the same configuration with the same exact problem. Some of those people have the Dorch HPFP, so it's not strictly XDi. I haven't talked to anyone running Spool. This past weekend, I was messaging back and forth with boldy1, who is also having the same problem and we went back and forth with our findings. He even replaced his ignition coils. I was about to order a Precision Raceworks ignition kit to see if that resolved it, and then came across yet another person with the problem that had already tried that. That's when I decided to abandon the project.

The only people I know (count:2) who are running either a Pure Stage 2 turbo or Stage 3 Speedtech kit and aren't having the problem are using different HPFP solutions. One is using an S55 HPFP retrofit, the other port injection.

I've always wanted to own a blistering fast turbo charged car, but I think chose the wrong platform to pursue it with.