View Single Post
      11-03-2020, 10:05 AM   #35
T1313
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c HS 6MT

Since we're commonly talking about weights around here there's few actual weights posted, I'll throw in a real number for reference - last year I weighed in on the scales at NHMS. My car is a USA 2020 M2 Competition, 6MT, Exec package and no sunroof. COMPLETELY stock otherwise - it was the car's first trip out and just after my break-in service. The car weighed 3505lbs. without me in it. This was with pretty low fuel (dear lord this thing drinks gas when you push it!) but you can extrapolate from there.
I can sum up this conversation about which is better:

M2 OG Driver - The M2 is best. because yadda yadda yadda....totally not because I happen to own one.

M2 Comp Driver - The M2c is best because yadda yadda yadda...totally not because I happen to own one.

I think it'd be silly to upgrade from an OG to a comp unless there were mechanical issues or your lease is up or some other reason that you'd need a new ride. At the same time, today, there's no reason to buy an OG instead of a Comp other than the lower price. This statement is for track use - if you care about the exhaust sound or whatnot, that's a street thing and out of scope here.
-T
Appreciate 2
CrashFL137.50
TripleU170.00