GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonBomb View Post
Hello Everyone.

Ordered a 2021 M2C from a local dealership and currently awaiting delivery. Still have a few weeks to go. I've owned various cars before this (STI, EVO 9, GTR), but this will be my first BMW, and first euro car ever. Exciting to learn yet another platform and just have a nice fun daily. I'm pretty much just going to do cosmetics, suspension, wheels, and warranty friendly mods with this car.

Wondering what your favorite sites/vendors are for ordering BMW aftermarket parts?

Additionally, I'm looking for catback exhaust suggestions, as it'll likely be one of my first mods. The giant muffler on the M2C is hideous, but I would like to keep the electronic valve control if possible and also cut some weight. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
I just bought one as well and its my first M car.

Suggestion: why don't you live with the stock exhaust for a bit. I was pleasantly surprised that it sounds fairly decent. Otherwise, tons of threads on exhaust options and discussion on equal length pipes, etc. I will say nothing changed the quality of sound and performance significantly unless paired with other expensive performance and tuning mods from what I'm gathering online.

In the meantime you can just paint the utter black. A local buddy of mine did that recently on AW color and the uttter dissapears. you don't even notice it. Plus the 1200 to 3000 mike break in period is plenty of time to think it through based on real world personal driving experience in your new M2C.

Have you identified your use case for the car - DD, weekend canyon car, track toy, etc,? Asthetic mods are personal choice as I did a few already. That's just makes it your own to some extent. Tons of vendors like IND, Turner Motorsports, Kies Motorsports, Burger Motorsports, etc. with distribution on parts. Plus lots of qualified BMW tuners based on where you live.

Congrats on your order. You will enjoy it for sure even in stock form.