View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #38
iBrakeLate
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2joey View Post
I have had Ohlins R&T on my 335is, they are great! Your "damping" settings sound like it is too soft, IMO. I don't know how bumpy the track is though, still feel the setting is too soft. Also, the R&T are all set at 7 - on all four corners, by default. It looks as if you might be treating the rear setting as a "2-way", taking out in order reduce rebound? Look at how soft you made the rear? The single-way adjustable coilovers need to be treated more equally on all four corners, I feel. As a starting point, I would try something like - Front 5 and Rear 6. That will definitely stiffen things up and make the rear much more solid! I got to the point with my Ohlins R&T that I was running 2 from max both front and rear on flat tracks in my 335is.
I appreciate your input, but you are talking about a different chassis here. We've tried everything. So when we talk clicks, we always talk from full stiff back to full soft. 0 being fully stiff and 20 being fully soft.

I've tried 7 all around, 12 all round, and 20 in the rear with 12 in front. Nothing really helped hugely with this issue.

The biggest change in positive handling characteristics was when the rear shock length was adjusted to the correct 55/45 compression to droop ratio.

The car with these spring rates are so stiff that can't even touch a single curb on track, or the car literally gets thrown off the curbs.

The last theory is that the setup is extremely over sprung. Which if you look around no other big name manufacturer provides their setup with such high spring rates.

Going to install the new springs when I get a chance and give it a try again.
Appreciate 0