View Single Post
      10-13-2020, 04:35 AM   #442
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusT View Post
Aftermarket brake kits might get you a stiffer pedal. With the one piston calipers that the older M-cars came with from factory this was often the case. The blue four piston caliper is a big step forward so I'm not sure what you can expect from an upgrade now though.
The APs are a step or 2 stiffer than OEM. OEM is still just a cast aluminium caliper. The APs are forged (even though the common CP9660 is a 2 part caliper so you are relying on the bolted joint strength for part of the stiffness).

Also heat may eventually cause the cast brakes to deform leading to leaks around the piston seals. The APs also have anti-knock back springs so the pedal should engage sooner. Lastly no dust seals to destroy. Not sure how yours are Magnus, but mine are toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzyo View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I was going to do brake cooling mods at some point eventually anyway. Seems like blue brakes + cooling will be perfect.
Have a few months off from the car now, so I have some time to mull over the decision of aftermarket fronts or blue brakes.
Recently found out they don't even stock 295/30-19 in any performance/semi-slick here except PS4S, so 19" for track is completely not an option now.
The CUP 2, Nankang AR-1, and Toyo R888R are also available in 295-30-19