Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post
Was swapping between track wheels and street wheels when I tightened the first rear driver's side to something less than my goal and the stud snapped off in the hub. I removed all the others on that wheel to check them out and they look good.

I am curious about two things: 1) anyone else deal with this type of thing? I've been wondering how much of a wear items these are. 2) How would you recommend getting the remaining stud out of the hub? All that's left is the threaded part that goes into the hub...so it looks like drilling will be best, but then what does that look like (guidance)?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Maybe a picture would help on seeing the best way to extract the stud, but in general, drilling it is the straight forward method.

I'm curious, what brand studs are these? Also, any indication on how and when it happened?
I forgot some of those details. Motorsportshardware. 2.5 years old and 16000 miles. One winter. No clear reason for it. Thinking of replacing them all. Not sure if I'll find a new brand or not. Picture will come tomorrow when I take the rotor off to get a better look.
Appreciate 0