View Single Post
      09-04-2020, 02:22 AM   #28
eeyang92
Captain
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHAP13 View Post
I have felt this same thing in my OG M2. A few weekends ago I did a track day at Hockenheim in M2CS with CCB and felt the same. I asked one of the BMW instructors and he said it was likely related to the throttle to brake transition (how fast and how hard you transition). Certain circumstances can boost brake pressure for safety panic type situations. If this is the case, the difference in pedal feel combined with any kind of fluid fade is frustrating especially when trying to be consistent with rev matching and not know where the brake pedal will be.
Super interesting! I will have to test that out next time at the track to see if I experience that. Yeah, honestly it's sort of frustrating. I wonder if there's a way to set it to one mode or the other - I'm guessing it doesn't activate all the time because it probably puts a lot of stress on the brake booster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Interesting discussion. I have not noticed a super firm pedal like you’re describing. Panic brake assist might be the answer here. The ABS/ESP pump can trigger to add extra volume to the brakes to aid in panic braking situation and helps to get to locking pressures quicker.

I tend to get on the brakes slower at first, then push hard about a half a second after I applied the brakes. I like to let the weight transfer before really getting on the pedal. Habit from my Mustang days. I think this style avoids the ABS unit recognizing a panic brake apply and I don’t get the assist. Would explain why I get consistently squishy pedal after a few laps.
I usually transition fairly smoothly as well. Now that it is mentioned, I did notice this mostly happened after a high speed straight - I find at high speeds I can transition from throttle to brake much faster without upsetting the car, perhaps that could be the culprit.
Appreciate 0