09-03-2020, 11:00 PM   #26
KHAP13
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyang92 View Post
Regarding the pedal feel - do you get inconsistent pedal feel? I usually get the normal progression of the pedal becoming spongey after a few laps, but everyone once in a while the pedal will be a maximum firm and the bite point will be 1cm from the top (whereas usually it's halfway to the floor), and then the turn after that it will go back to be it's usually spongey self.

I can't really figure this one out, so usually I test the brakes just a bit before I really stomp on them.
I have felt this same thing in my OG M2. A few weekends ago I did a track day at Hockenheim in M2CS with CCB and felt the same. I asked one of the BMW instructors and he said it was likely related to the throttle to brake transition (how fast and how hard you transition). Certain circumstances can boost brake pressure for safety panic type situations. If this is the case, the difference in pedal feel combined with any kind of fluid fade is frustrating especially when trying to be consistent with rev matching and not know where the brake pedal will be.
Appreciate 0