View Single Post
      05-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #15
nomade30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M2, 91 325, 05 DMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
If you find a FR for MEVD172G, or especially the M2 MEVD172G rom versions which are entirely different from regular EWG's please PM me.

It's going to be hard fetched finding a FR for the MEVD172 period that is production.

What's the point of making a boot backup on your DME? BMW knows. You can easily flash the BTLD, and Program / calibration data to factory spec via ESYS anyways. Obviously you won't be able to revert EEPROM data... and from what I'm aware of, most tools out there like KESS/KTAG aren't able to R/W EEPROM anyways.
Will let you know, I have a MEVD17 BMW FR that a friend shared with me, just says MEVD17.2 N55 not G. So I'll reach out and try and find one specific for G.

Back up is not for warranty, it's that I will want to implement map flashing into my own tool, I also don't have the BMW plugins for CMD or KESS, only have a custom standalone port unlock tool and flasher. Also want to have as many flashes as possible before I have to do a restore. And BSL reads and writes E2P no problem with these.
Appreciate 0