jnoyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BSM M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by USANigel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoyes View Post
Looks great! I ended up ordering the same wheels, only with the ET33 rears. 255/275 RE71rs going on w/TPMS on Wednesday. Also a Dinan front bar and whatever my shop can do with alignment. It'll be fun to see if our subtly different approaches make a difference. Are you doing a front bar?
Why did you decide against 265/35 275/35? I would have thought wider was better?
I talked about this at length with my race shop. While several guys on here are going wider, my shop said they had more than one customer come back and ask to go back to 255 fronts to regain steering feel. In the past, my experience has always been that wider is better, as you said. This will be an interesting experiment to find out for this car what works best (for me, in BS, with stock camber, with re71rs, on 9" wheels, all those caveats). The fronts may cook pretty quickly anyway without additional camber, so the real question for me will be what size the SECOND set of fronts will be. I'm running SoloStorm this year, so maybe I'll have some data to support that decision. Or maybe if I go wider for the second set there will be data to do a true comparison.
Appreciate 1