View Single Post
      02-28-2018, 07:22 PM   #94
young1
'17 M2 Mineral Grey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MG M2 6MT, 2002 E46 M3

Rear swayswap

I have a bit of steady-state understeer in my M2 after installing slightly wider P4S tires (265/285) on stock rims. Previously, it was slip and slide power-oversteer fun. But with the wider P4S's in the rear, the front tends to run at a much greater slip angle than the rear. And the power can be easily put down.

Picked up a Dinan rear bar that should allow a slight spring rate increase in the rear that should allow tuning this out (hopefully to full neutral where both front and rears slip at similar angles in steady-state).

However... there's a local mechanic down the street from where I work, and he indicated the BMW manual calls for dropping the rear sub frame to install this(!). 8 hours. I figured it would be an easy job that wouldn't cost a lot to keep me off my garage floor.

So... anyone have experience with replacing the rear sway? And does the sub frame really need to be unbolted/realigned?? (Haven't even seen the car from below, so presumably the next step following forum inquiry)

Last edited by young1; 03-23-2018 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 0