Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
So I guess all the German vehicles are tanks then. . .
SDH

Yes, most of them are now . . .

No control over the course, and everything is heading toward the Taycan (electric) realm. Mad power and an absolute TANK. From an enthusiasts perspective, I derived next to zero pleasure in driving the Taycan.

At the end of the day, consumers with my interest are not keeping BMW, Audi or Mercedes in business. I get that. Consumers want luxuries/conveniences that come with 'bigger' . . . and power to move it.

However, I am holding on for dear life to the lighter and more enjoyable spirited driving experience. I have other options for driving the kids around.

Forum members can say what they want to justify whatever they want . . . but are they really buying an M2C or M2CS to tote the family around? Seriously?! Cup2 tires and two kids in the backseats sounds like a bit of an oxymoron.

As for your 718 vs 911 weight references . . . there is a reason I chose the one I did and it is very much related to this point.

As for BMW, I really think they missed an opportunity to take the M2CS to another level over the M2C when they failed to drop that 100 to 300 pounds you originally posted.

Finally, I do not like it one bit, but tanks with more power is the where we are with things. . . and it is only going to get worse.

///AVM
That's a solid perspective and makes sense and it sounds like you owned it literally (718 over the 911).

As far as toting the kids around and the wife, the kids love it for car shows and events the more ridiculous the car is and going for a pleasure cruise. Daily drive or family trip, my wife would likely kill me, or the eventual back seat whining would drive me insane.
We got the CS over the 718 GTS as it had the extra two seats for an emergency if we needed to move the kids around. It was good to have that option.
Appreciate 2
///AVM2528.00
Romo1748.00