View Single Post
      08-19-2020, 03:10 AM   #70
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
I've testdriven a Clio V6 PhII back then because I wanted one. I did not buy it. Heat in cabin plus a sluggish performance, weak engine. And a feel to it like it's not play/tossable...

30 years ago I 'owned' a new 205 GTI 1.9 catless. Great car. I've driven the Clio 16 and Williams in the 90s. Great.

But since about 20 years FWD doesn't do it for me anymore. Any Megane, Type R, Seat etc can be faster on any track for what I care.
Its layout is what I do not want anymore. Sorry.

And now having 500PS on tap, I think I'll be fine

Alpine looks like a blast to me!

Cheers
Robin
Same, after coming out of a corner sliding or with a quick flick to counter, you dont want to go back to FWD.

Last week at Zandvoort a 2nd gen Megane RS semi "trophy clone" (had buckets and rear half cage + trailered to the track so im sure more goodies than I cared to look for) couldnt keep up with my basically stock M2C while I was giving my family passenger rides and being a bit slopy.

Point is drive what you find fun and let the bench warriors worry about a cars potential lap times to price ratio. The lucky ones are out there enjoying whatever car they have before they all become soulless robotaxis.
Romo1755.50
MDuckie93.00